• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ax 15 manual tranny Q's

bessie4.0

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I'm a NAXJA newbie but i've had my 87' xj since the middle of high school.I've driven the piss out of it and not too many problems yet. My worst so far is that while driving home from work the other day i heard a pop or a snap and then i had no 5th gear. It was starting to go for a few days before, it would grind into 5th and sort of pop out if it even went in at all. Anyways, any opinion's would help, Rebuild-Replace?

Thanks for any help in advance. I'm looking forward to recieving and giving advice here and making new friends.

bessie4.0 said:
Hi I'm a NAXJA newbie but i've had my 87' xj since the middle of high school.I've driven the piss out of it and not too many problems yet. My worst so far is that while driving home from work the other day i heard a pop or a snap and then i had no 5th gear. It was starting to go for a few days before, it would grind into 5th and sort of pop out if it even went in at all. Anyways, any opinion's would help, Rebuild-Replace?

Thanks for any help in advance. I'm looking forward to recieving and giving advice here and making new friends.
87? I believe that was the Peugoat and on that note, swap in an AX15: if you search through ModTech there are writeups on doing that.

Back