• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP231 rebolted in after SYE install, now...

winchell182

NAXJA Forum User
I connected my linkage back to the T-case. I filled up the t-case with some fluid till it started spilling out the fill plug.

Now I didnt really try that much to switch from 2w-4h-N-4l. But it didnt seem like it would engage to easily. It's in nuetral now.

Should I just wait till the Driveshafts are on or be worried now something went wrong with the install of SYE?

Anything I should do after I get front/rear DS back on before I try engaging and trying to drive it?

thanks

As usual, post some more specs. Pretend that we know nothing about your Jeep or the brand of SYE you're using. ;)

We'll be more than happy to help...

winchell182 said:
I connected my linkage back to the T-case. I filled up the t-case with some fluid till it started spilling out the fill plug.

Now I didnt really try that much to switch from 2w-4h-N-4l. But it didnt seem like it would engage to easily. It's in nuetral now.

Should I just wait till the Driveshafts are on or be worried now something went wrong with the install of SYE?

Anything I should do after I get front/rear DS back on before I try engaging and trying to drive it?

thanks

Does it feel different than before, when you shift it.

I'd say run it without shafts, BE VERY CAREFUL, and shift it a few times. Things might need to seat just a bit.

I just did mine about two weeks ago, after I put it back together. I checked for leaks, then without ony shafts in I let it idle in 4 low. I figured this would lube it before any load was placed on it. After that I installed the front shaft and drove it around in 4hi for a few minutes. All seems good!

PORC SYE is installed.

It is VERY hard to switch between 2w-4h-n-4l.
Linkage is fine or looks fine. I dont see any obvious issues with the linkage.

I took it into local shop for other issues. They said they think it is internal.

Guess it needs to come out and split open again. :(

I'm not sure that you could tell if the linkage was adjusted correctly by LOOKING at it.

I strongly recommend that you go through the linkage adjustment procedure before you open up your case again.

The other suggestion would be to disconnect your linkage at the t-case and use an open end wrench to manipulate the selector. You should be able to turn it through the selections without using a ton of torque.

Tom

when i did mine, the shift plate (not sure the tech. term, but it's what i call it) inside the case got shifted ever so slightly. it caused it to shift very hard. took it back apart and recentered it on the little rod it rides on and all was fine after that

Back