• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check engine light???

XJEEPER04

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 96 xj.....Actually its a RHD mail Jeep it's sweet but anyways the check engine light comes on and off and I have no idea why. It has close to 200,000 on it I'm not really sure the exact number because the odometer quit working at 176,000 a couple of years ago. Some people say that it comes on after a set amount of miles. But I don't see that happening because I have another XJ and it has 116,000 on it and the check engine light has never come on. So anyways today I was wheeling around the front yard just playing...making it teeter tot and stuff and once I was done I looked down and the light went off when I was wheelin? I see this as really weird, It's got a bran spankin new motor that I just put in last month, if thats makes any difference. But I don't think It does because It did this before the new engine was put in! anyone know what it is?

Try the on off on off on method and then read the flashes on the check engine light.
This will tell us the codes,then we can pinpoint the problem.
Wayne

Back