• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best prices for OME @ 2+ lift

lmnop

NAXJA Forum User
Yep, I'm the new guy.
Just got a 2000 XJ LTD, 50k miles on it, in amazing shape.
Not worried about getting it dirty or scratched.
That's why they make soap and paint.
In order to get another inch under diff have read threads of Old Man Emu.
Seems like it's the perfect combo of ride quality on highway and some off-road help. It'll let me get taller tires for that inch. Not a crawler.
Want to seek some out of the way fishing spots and do lite off-roading.
Will also need to be able to drive it on freeway for an hour or so at decent speeds.
Not afraid to put the money towards the quality, within reason of course.
Got a couple catalogs.
Locations for best pricing on OME?
tks - lmnop

I'll second DPG Offroad - I got my 3" OME kit plus extra leaves from them a couple of weeks ago. Dirk's service is absolutely first-class and the prices are great.

It alll depends on what tire you want to run, desired ride characteristics and intended use. You can get 2" with a poly spacer in front and shackle or AAL in the rear.
I went with OME from DPG. The kit, which included new springs front and rear - plus the AAL in the rear, neted four inches in the rear and the same in the front w/spacer. I run 31x10.5 tires, no rubbing. But, I also changed LCAs and added a SYE, plus extras (track bar, etc.) to insure a street ride with off-road capabilities.
I call DPG when I am looking for new parts.

sjan said:
GOT MY 2 IN. LIFT FROM www.rocky-road.com FOR $139 I LOVE IT

How long have you had it on? What year Jeep? How many miles on existing rear leafs?

Asking because I need to keep the cost down and need a minimal lift for starters. I only plan on light off roading for now and wouls like to put 30" tires on in the future.

Then again for 300 Im eyeballing the Rough Country 3" lift to run 31" tires.

Thanks,
Ken

tks for info everyone.
I foghat that I have to buy new golfclubs this season so I'm backing off on lift for now.
It's only got 50k miles on it and doesn't even look like it has ever been driven in the rain.
The right front tire was real nice, others fair at best. They were 225 / 75R16.
So I wanted to put tires on anyway.
Put on a new set of 245/70R16's.
Looks great, rides nice.
So I may stuff something in there at 1" just for a bit of tire clearance and a new set of shocks. Go with more as I need it.
Right now I can get to oddball fishing spots and handle the bad weather we get here.
Maybe I'll put a 1" block of poly in there.

w/advise on "manual on CD" to arrive Friday.

lmnop

Back