• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

115 mph certified speedo

swampedge

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 115 mph electronic certified speedometer is there any interest in these as it will not work in my xj so I've thought about putting it on some sort of on line auction.

swampedge said:
I have a 115 mph electronic certified speedometer is there any interest in these....

Nope.
Not really.

swampedge said:
I have a 115 mph electronic certified speedometer is there any interest in these as it will not work in my xj so I've thought about putting it on some sort of on line auction.

I want a 115mph speedo. It'll make me feel like I have something to aim for when the limiter kicks in at 110mph :D

casm said:
when the limiter kicks in at 110mph :D

I'm not sure I have one of those. Hmmmm...........

One more thing to add to the things to do list......:D

Does the speedometer cluster have a tachometer or not? Fitting a panel with full gauges is a popular swap for those with idiot lights and the 115 speedo would be a "bonus" even if its scary at that speed. If it has full gauges, just list it here on the sale forum or ebay without asking, you have little to lose by doing so.

Oh btw I hate corvettes. :twak:

Last edited:
bajacalal said:
Does the speedometer cluster have a tachometer or not? Fitting a panel with full gauges is a popular swap for those with idiot lights and the 115 speedo would be a "bonus" even if its scary at that speed. If it has full gauges, just list it here on the sale forum or ebay without asking, you have little to lose by doing so.

Oh btw I hate corvettes. :twak:

Mine has all guages but the Tach.
Huge gas guage in place of the Tach.
115mpd speedo.

Funny thing, I've always made a point to take cars out on the back roads and open them up to see what they'll do, but with the XJ I dont think I've ever hit the pin..

I will post a picture, it's from a 93 with the tach and electronic speedo. I will have to post a pic, it is a cool gadget though................mine hits 85 every morning....................well 75 anyway.

tvisXJ said:
I don't think I've been over 75.......

Is it a lifted Jeep? I had it at 85 for a little while yesterday driving through the OC. And, I was passed left and right by all sorts of cars. California drivers are "special" but I think Orange County might take the cake. NOT the greatest car for high speed driving, but mine (5 speed stock 3.07 gears) cruises nicely at 70 with little effort.

Back