• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New xj sliders.

mack

NAXJA Forum User
im already sold on them, they will be on my XJ somtime this summer

they replace the whole rocker.

mack said:
they replace the whole rocker.
That would be my point!Anyone that could tackle this "product" is already capable of doing the same or more,for less $$$.Make the same idea in a bolt-on installation using the "pinch" seam and you will probably sell more.

Looks like the bolts that are used to hold it in place under the frame rail will be a problem. A few times out on the rocks and they'd be gone. In addition, I can't imagine what kind of crap you're going to end up finding stuck up between the body and the slider with the huge gap in the front and no drainage except the opening in the back.

Good idea, but looks like it could use some refining. In the mean time, I'll stick with my home made ones :D

I like them, but if it replaces the current rocker, then do you have to weld it. If so then count me out. Second, how do you drain the space that is behind it. I don't know about you guys, but there is a lot of water around here and leafs get stuck everywhere. That looks like a perfect trap. On the other hand though I love that it would just slide over the rocks. So if welding isn't required and they don't cost a fortune. I will be in line to buy a set.

RCP Phx said:
That would be my point!Anyone that could tackle this "product" is already capable of doing the same or more,for less $$$.Make the same idea in a bolt-on installation using the "pinch" seam and you will probably sell more.

I definetly agree. If I had the ability to weld and do some fab work, I'd make my own instead of paying for something that I could make much cheaper?

DBenz said:
I definetly agree. If I had the ability to weld and do some fab work, I'd make my own instead of paying for something that I could make much cheaper?

Uhhhh, doesn't that apply to everything on your Jeep?

Gee, if I could only make my own tires......

No, because some thing are worth it if all you have to do is bolt it on. If you've got to fab it into place, why not make it yourself?

Banditt said:
Lets see about answering some of these questions. First off, this style is made for the replacement of either old beat up rockers or rusted out one's that no longer have any use, or for someone that wants a stronger set up. This is how they are made and installed:

The old rocker is removed and replaced with a new section of 3/16x3x4 box tube with capped ends which is held in place via 6 countersunk 5/16" SS allen head bolts that go through 2 new 1/8" sill plates and are tapped into the new rocker subframe.

Seeing as it's really hard to "slide" across a ladder, the next piece is a heavy duty 3/16" piece of plate the is drilled and countersunk to accept 5 7/16" flat head allen bolts that are also tapped into the side of the rocker subframe.

The under side is attached through a nut strip which is a length of 3/16" plate that has nuts welded to it, flipped upside down and stitch welded to the frame. This not only acts as a mounting surface, but a frame strengthening system as well.

The tube on the side consists on 1 3/4" x .134 wall tube TIG welded to the slider.

This system runs $700 painted and installed with the bars and $600 without.

The next system for those with "California" rockers, or those that just do not need a rocker replacement consist of the same 3/16" slider with exception of the way that it mounts.

The frame mounting is the same. The difference is that this system attaches to the rocker pinch weld with a piece of plate on one side and a piece of 3/16" nut strip angle on the other. The slider is drilled and countersunk to accept 7/16" flat head bolts that attached to the pinch weld.

This system runs $500 painted and installed with the bars and $400 without.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

Again, we build "METAL YOU CAN BEAT ON!" and these Sliders are sure to pass the test. I Guarantee it!

Kinda excessive... I mean, do you really need to put sheet metal underneath your floors? Maybe if the bolts on the frame end were counter sunk it would be a nicer design.

i was thinking the same thing, imagine the crap your going to leave behind you going down the road leaving the trail and a week later.:shiver:

Back