• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BA-10 to NV4500, some ???

Project_MudXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Im gonna run to the boneyard and get an NV4500 to put in instead of the BA-10 I got. They got a couple Dodge trucks in that will have the tranny.

1) Bellhousing pattern IS the same right?

2) The case itself is 12.44 inches compared to the 9.25 inches on the BA-10 according to my 4x4 Shop Guide (which by the way is an awesome little book) so what kind of work will I have to do for it to fit in the tranny hump? In the pic it looks taller.

3) And whats the spline count on the NV4500 Id like to use my NP242 still if it will match up?

4) I bought a new clutch kit when I put in the BA-10, I assume I will be able to reuse the clutch kit?

5) Will I need a new clutch master cylinder and hydraulic hose? Or will the one I have now work?

1) Note even close.
2)It will fit without too much cutting, just a bit for the shift tower. But, it will drop the tcase output a bit, and lower the back of the T-case.
3) You want the 23 spline NV from 360 gas equipped 3/4 or 1 ton trucks.
4) Clutch and master and internal slave cylinder are all retained from the BA, but you need a modified front bearing retainer from Advanced Adaptors. That, along with the AA plate adaptor to allow use of the BA bellhousing is all you need. Don't buy their tailhousing or their Tcase shifter relocator, the latter only works on YJ's. Here's the link, bottom of the page: http://www.advanceadapters.com/catalog/024.html

024_01.jpg

CRASH

Project_MudXJ said:
Im gonna run to the boneyard and get an NV4500 to put in instead of the BA-10 I got. They got a couple Dodge trucks in that will have the tranny.

1) Bellhousing pattern IS the same right?

2) The case itself is 12.44 inches compared to the 9.25 inches on the BA-10 according to my 4x4 Shop Guide (which by the way is an awesome little book) so what kind of work will I have to do for it to fit in the tranny hump? In the pic it looks taller.

3) And whats the spline count on the NV4500 Id like to use my NP242 still if it will match up?

4) I bought a new clutch kit when I put in the BA-10, I assume I will be able to reuse the clutch kit?

5) Will I need a new clutch master cylinder and hydraulic hose? Or will the one I have now work?

Last edited:
Oh, and you'll need a 23 spline input transfer case.

Back