• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OK new BOD - time for some planning - soon!

Mike in NJ

NAXJA Life Member
NAXJA Member
Hint: NACFest '03

Need to set a date quickly - recommendation was either Memorial Day weekend, or the first one in June. Locations - Paragon, Rausch Creek, or both!

Just don't expect the new treasurer to send a check to anyone, I doubt he could find the book (or his ###) with both hands!!! :D

Mike in NJ
"EX-VP" never indicted, never charged

I've already suggested to CHW that it would be a good idea for the old and new BOD to get together for an afternoon or evening to figure out where we are and where we're going as a chapter. What's your schedule like?

Assuming you want to keep this to a weekend, the next couple are fine with me (actually I'm off from Tuesday of next week). Can't do the first one in December, I'll be in VT.

Of course, maybe we could combine the board meeting with a little excursion in Paragon next weekend - why don't you bring your "real rig" (the MJ) down?

Mike in NJ

Hey, Mike --

Looks like I've got my own "Phoenix" -- see Joe R's post on (I think) the OEM forum :)

The closer to the summer would be the best for i think everyone, because everyone loves warm weather, oh yea i need some extra time for my little plans. Please Please

Peter (Im Broke) Built

So, Mr. President, are we getting together or not over the next couple of weekends? Time's a wastin'!

BTW, it seems like the NACFest '03 interest is homing in on the beginning of June, maybe we (showing how un-superstitious we are) should focus on June 13-15. (Paragon's monthly ride is on the first weekend).

It'd be nice if we could somehow involve both Paragon and Rausch Creek (since they're only 40 miles apart), but the logistics might be too much).

Make sure we involve the VP, treasurer, and Mr. Kolb as well.

Mike in NJ

I'll be camping for 3 days over the Thanksgiving Holiday in PA's Grand Canyon. MMMM...gonna deep fry a Turkey with all the trimmings. If anyone is going to be near Wellsboro that weekend hit me backchannel, i'll fwd my cell so we can hook up.

Other than that i'm free any weekend except 12/21.

Whats wrong with two trailrides? One in June at Paragon then another Aug or Sept at Rausch Creek. Is there a rule that we can only have one big trailride a year? Anyone agree with me? I can help with some planning if needed.

PeterBuilt

There's no "rule," but the Spring NACFest will be sanctioned ny the national club. Dunno if they'll want to sanction two for us in one year -- we don't want to step on other chapters' toes. There's nothing, however, that says we can't do a "big" trail ride later in the year as a chapter event. Timing may be a concern, though. As we get into September, I hope people will be getting ready for the BIG event in Moab. That might cut down on attendance.

We'll be discussing any and all options, so keep the suggestions rolling in.

Anything I can do to help coordinate NacFest let me know.I like NJMike's idea,maybe Friday at Rausch Creek and Saturday and Sunday at Paragon.We could leave from Rausch Creek and go to camp at Paragon for the rest of the weekend.

Ok well i was thinking a little bit about NAC Fest the other night. Had a little vision. So wherever we wheel on Saturday maby organize some little rockcrawling event after lunch. Like pick a trail like m-extension and put up some gates and everyone can watch and the winner could get a year free of naxja membership or stuff like that. Just trying to get some new ideas. I think that everyone had allot of fun watching last years m-extension right before the bbq. there were a lot of people and lots of sweet rigs and cool breakage sweet. well let me konw what you guys think.

PeterBuilt

I think that would be fun even if there wasn't a prize...just the fun of it all. I still haven't conquered m-extension though. I conquered M today though.

Pete, how do you have 36's, 9"s of lift, but no axles???????? :lol:

MOST of the old and new chapter B.O.D. met yesterday (Saturday) to discuss "stuff" and hope for an orderly transition. Unlike our national politicians, we don't receive a paid transition team to handle such details -- NAXJA and the NAC will have to grow a bit before we achieve that, I guess -- but we had a fruitful meeting and tossed around several ideas for NACFest. I will be doing a writeup of the meeting within the next couple of days ... stay tuned. Details will follow as soon as we confirm that the dates we're looking at are available at the venues.

[quote:b3663007c3="gearwhine"]What details are you talking about? I'm confused at what you're saying with the post.[/quote:b3663007c3]

NACFest 2003

Memorial day Weekend

For me is out Ill be soakin up rays in the ORV sections of Assateague Island MD. Just lazin in the sun Ill be wheelin as one

Where ever and when ever it is I cant wait.

I'll have 33 Swampers by then and a locker(s).

Paragon is the zippiedy zam diggity bam, and I havent seen most of their trails yet, but id like to go some where new as well.

Ill be graduating next semister, but hopefully I can find a good job within range.

[quote:1e7b9a713a="Easy Xjer"]For me is out Ill be soakin up rays in the ORV sections of Assateague Island MD. Just lazin in the sun Ill be wheelin as one[/quote:1e7b9a713a]

Hey how am I ever going to repay you for the gear lube?

Assateague Isle is AWESOME!!!
I love that place, but hows the wheelin?
I saw some trucks going in and out, but lots of stockers.
Anything hard?
My buddy wouldn't take his pop's minivan through

Back