• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44 Swap help needed asap

jeepster91

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of swapping out my dana 35 for the dana 44...and extending my brake lines. The bolt that held the brake junction box on the axle broke off in the process of unbolting the hardlines. Half the bolt fell into the axle, so I figured I would just pull the shaft and get the broken bolt out. This is the drivers side shaft...the passenger side shaft just slide out with a little bit of a pull on it. The drivers side shaft is not coming out so easy, and don't want to break anything internally by really pulling on it. Is it possible one side has a c-clip and the other doesn't? It is a dana 44 out of a 87 cherokee. I removed the diff cover and can't really tell if there is a c-clip there. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Using a slide hammer with "gentle" whacks should pull the shaft right out.

Sometimes a couple of not so gentle whacks are needed too. Good luck!

Thanks, I figured I just needed to sac up and yank on it but wanted to make sure first. I should have researched before I posted, the answer was on the jeep horizons website, thanks anyway.

Back