• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will 31x10.5x15 BFG A/T Tires Fit Under 2" BB Lifted XJ?

NJXJ23

NAXJA Forum User
I searched but I did not find the answer that I was looking for so please dont kick me off the Forum!

I absolutely love the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO Tires and would like to get them in 31x10.5x15, but not before I know if they will fit or not on my 95 XJ with 2" BB Lift

I had 30x9.50x15 tires when I was stock, so I assume the added height I gained from my BB I could fit the 31" BFGs. If the height is fine, is it the 10.5 width that I may have a problem with??

If they rub slightly at full lock, I could live with it. This XJ is my DD so no extreme wheeling for this rig.

Thank you guys!

Yup.
They WILL rub some just a little before full lock on the lower c-arms.
They WILL grab the corners of the flairs.
You WILL need to trim if you want any kind of "stuffage".

BUT..........
They WILL work for the street and "LIGHT" wheeling.
At least they do on my 99.
2" Daystar and 31's. (1 3/4" is what it lifted mine with weak rear springs)

100_2001.jpg

If I know Iam gonna need the room to stuff the tires I throw the 30's from my 91 on it.
Picture43a.jpg

I do belive that the 31's would have helped remove my flairs in that pic.
Here is the best I can do to show you what it looks like with the BB and the 30's sitting level.....
Picturea64.jpg

Yes, but you will have to trim if you don't want to bumpstop the shit out of it. I have 31's on a 3" lift and I still trimmed because they were chewing up my fenders.

RyleyF said:
Yes, but you will have to trim if you don't want to bumpstop the shit out of it. I have 31's on a 3" lift and I still trimmed because they were chewing up my fenders.

What do you mean by bumpstop?

NJXJ23 said:
What do you mean by bumpstop?
A bumpstop is a rubber pad (or similar) that stops upward travel of the suspension. If you increase your tire size, you should extend your bumpstops so that your new tires don't rub your fender wells.

You should be just fine with those tires on a 2" lift. I have 31x10.5R15 TrXus M/Ts (which are true 31s, and thus a little bigger than the BFGs) on a 2" RE kit, and rub only at full lock. I haven't extended my bumpstops yet, but will when I remove the swaybars.

I've got the same size tire on my 01 with a 2" lift. Got bad rub on LCA's at full turn. Replaced LCA's with RE Adjustable LCA's (part of my lift kit I haven't had time to install), and no more rubbage on LCA's.

hmm i guess since this is a thread about tire sizes and such
Was wondering if my Setup would rub.
5.5'' Re Lift with 35x12.50x16 Super Swamper SSR Radials.

Hmmmm maybe I'll just stick with 30x9.5x15 BFGs because I do not want to go thru the headaches of them potentially rubbing and trashing my fenders. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Thank you guys for the advice and help!

Back