• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone try dual electric fan conversion?

BBeach

NAXJA Forum User
Last Thursday my radiator decided to call it quits, so while I was putting in the new radiator, I figured why not take off the stock fan like I saw on Dino's site. Im not too sure of much of a performance gain, but I can tell that the jeep sounds different when it's cold out and the fan doesn't slip after cold start. I was curious if anyone else tried this and how it went. Also, the pulley that held the stock fan somehow managed it's way into the radiator, worn motor mount possibly? Any ideas would help.

I have all the details on my site on how to fit one and what CFM the additional fan should be which is very critical for it to work successfully.
www.go.jeep-xj.info

I've heard of the vibration dampener coming off and going into the radiator, but never the fan pulley. Check and see if the pulley wobbles or moves forward and back.

I run a stock 96 electric fan on the driver side and a stock 87 fan on the pass side (removed mechanical fan assy) I use a thermal relay to manage them.
Have run this set up for 1.5 years so far works like a charm, only one fans runs in traffic both fans run while off road
Cost for the fans was free for the 87 fan and 20.00 for the 96 fan (used)
Very simple upgrade and I did not need to buy a expensive aftermarket fans to provide the cooling my MJ requires
(I do not have A/C)

Comanchedude said:
I run a stock 96 electric fan on the driver side and a stock 87 fan on the pass side (removed mechanical fan assy) I use a thermal relay to manage them.
Have run this set up for 1.5 years so far works like a charm, only one fans runs in traffic both fans run while off road
Cost for the fans was free for the 87 fan and 20.00 for the 96 fan (used)
Very simple upgrade and I did not need to buy a expensive aftermarket fans to provide the cooling my MJ requires
(I do not have A/C)
DO you have any more info on you conversion? I also have an MJ with no AC, man trans. Right now I've got just the mechanical fan. It'd be nice to see how you did yours. Imitation is flattery after all ;)

Back