• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Torque converter opinions

slowrider

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a better than stock torque converter available for the aw4 in my 87 MJ? I'm swaping 4wd parts over to a 2wd truck because it's in much better shape, has a rebuilt engine and air and it's a short bed instead of my current longbed. Thanks for any opinions.

I'd check with, I believe, Level Ten Performance (www.levelten.com) - I haven't used them, but they seem to make a good noise.

Also, check with anyone that does Toyota performance - the AW4 was also used in the Supra, the mid-size pickup, and the RWD van that they had.

So, what are you doing with the donor truck - will you be restoring it as a 2WD? I could really use an MJ - like I've often said before...

5-90

Thanks for the tips. As for the longbed I have a couple locals making noise like they want it but the rockers and lower portions of the bed are fairly hammered and they know it so I believe they both want it for a buggy.

5-90 said:
So, what are you doing with the donor truck - will you be restoring it as a 2WD? I could really use an MJ - like I've often said before...
You got too many jeeps :D :D ... let others start their collections ;) ;)

Back