• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wobblies

xj paddler

NAXJA Forum User
First, I have searched!

I have an 88 with 6.5 inches of lift, 33/12.50/15 Maxxis bighorns.
I have already converted the steering got the draglink and track bar angles correct.

after hitting a bump the jeep will start to wobble mainly at lower speeds say about 30/40. running down the interstate is fine. this will also ocur when brakeing, at the same speed range.

I have had it alighned and my caster is at about 10, is that to much I have read that it should be around 6/7. the toe is in about 1 to 2.

I have adjustible upper and lower arms no drop brackets or long arms. Could the steep angle of the control arms cause the wobble after hitting bumps?

I will try and get a camera and get some pics up asap.

later Heath

also I am not running a stableizer at the moment trying to get it as close to wright as a can first.

Who did your alignment and put it at 10. That's far too much. I just had mine aligned today and max caster I think was 7. What does 1-2 on toe mean? Degrees

That is a caster issue. Set it to factory specs. A steering stabilzer won't make it go away, it will dampen it a little. How many miles are on the tires? Did they wear incorrectly? Have they started to chop up? Run your hand over the tread. Does it feel choppy or does it taper inward or outward across the width of the tread? If so, rotate them. How are your ball joints, tie rod ends and wheel bearings?

Tires are brand new not even 50 miles on them Tie rods and all of the steering is new as well I have built all of it myself. I was thinking it was the caster but wanted some other opinions. Ball joints and unit bearings are good to go as well.

thanks for the reply.

Heath

Back