• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire size ?

if you ajust the steering stops, it won't have the same turning radious as it does stock, but you can probably get away with 31s without rubbing the control arms too much. i presume you're talking about a 31x10.50
if you're putting 31s on a stock suspension cherokee, keep it on the street. i presume the slightest amount of flexing would eat up the fenders.

Typically, running 31's requires a 3" lift to avoid fender rubbing. Yes, you can, and should adjust the turning limiters to avoid rubbing the LCA's, but without a lift of some sort, fender rubbing will occur with 31's. My son's XJ is running 2" of lift with 31x10.5's...no problem, but without the lift, I'd be willing to bet he'd have rubbing problems with the rear of the front fenders.

Just my $0.02

They'll rub baaaaad.

I'm running a 2" w/ 31" BFG T/A KO's. No flares and fenders trimmed about 1/2". No rear sway bar and disco's for the front. I can flex the holy hell out of it with out any major problems. I like the set up, but would like to go up to 3" soon with coils and a bastard pack to gain more flex.

this is a 2" with 31x11.50 ltb's, i havn't trimed yet im waiting to install my 3" to see what i get. the tires were completly stuffed, and it was a 10 piont turn to get back in driveway without rubbing LCA's.
15.jpg

well i am willing to trim but not sure about dad haha

I'm used to wheelin the 30" so i didnt know if 31 would be crazy talk or not. I mainly just want 31's to go with the trxus mt but if this isnt an option i might just go kumho mt's

just stay with the 30s u will be able to flex more with no left and 30s then with 31s

PM Ed Stevens and get the link to his personal web site. Ed's tech pages document that you can run 31x10.50s on stock rims with NO lift and they will tuck up inside the sheet metal when the suspension compresses. You will have rubbing against the lower control arms at full steering lock ... and you will have that with 30" tires as well.

Personally, at stock height I think 30x9.50 is a better choice, but you can run 31s if you choose. But do it on stock rims.

thanks eagle I will do that in the morning. I'm gonna start off by replacing my rear springs this week as they are saggin worse than my grandma!!!

Oddly enough i can turn full lock and i dont think my 30's are rubbin anywhere

Back