• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Venezuelan Stock D44 front and Rear pic

Here's another one........

Joe's%20jeep%20006.jpg

This one's a little closer to home. A buddy of mine just put this in his rig. Straight from Venezuela.

Rick

Sorry about the big pic.

Now why couldn't they do dual dana 44's in the States? Why do the foreignors get all the bling from the factory??? :shocked:

Troy

If I pay to have anything shipped from Venezuela...

It sure as hell won't be an axle...

:D

IcedXJ said:
how much did it cost? I want a set of those.

And how did he acquire them?

He just got the front, no rear. Actually.....13 of them. 12 of which he sold for I think something like 1200 a piece (no gears or shafts). They were setup for a TJ with all the brackets.

They came from Venezuela (I checked for cocaine in the tubes :) ).....I was there when they were unloaded off the truck. He got a hold of them from his connection at Rockkrawler.

I was gonna buy one, just couldn't afford it at the time.

Rick

Rick XTRM XJ said:
He just got the front, no rear. Actually.....13 of them. 12 of which he sold for I think something like 1200 a piece (no gears or shafts). They were setup for a TJ with all the brackets.

They came from Venezuela (I checked for cocaine in the tubes :) ).....I was there when they were unloaded off the truck. He got a hold of them from his connection at Rockkrawler.

I was gonna buy one, just couldn't afford it at the time.

Rick

Wow so that guy really have quite a hook up on the XJ front dana 44's huh? I wonder how readily available the XJs are in Venezuela? It was be so awesome to go to a pick n pull and find a dozen or so XJs all with dual dana 44 and to get them cheap. I'm in heaven just thinking about that and how much $ you could make selling them. Why are the only dual dana 44'd Jeep have to be the high dollar Jeep Wrangler Rubicon not a used/cheap XJ that someone doesn't know what they have and will sell cheap??? :confused1

Troy

Are those high or low pinion. I thought I read somewhere the were the same as the rubi 44 so they would be low pinion. That would be sweet if they were an hp.

Big Red said:
Wow so that guy really have quite a hook up on the XJ front dana 44's huh? I wonder how readily available the XJs are in Venezuela? It was be so awesome to go to a pick n pull and find a dozen or so XJs all with dual dana 44 and to get them cheap. I'm in heaven just thinking about that and how much $ you could make selling them. Why are the only dual dana 44'd Jeep have to be the high dollar Jeep Wrangler Rubicon not a used/cheap XJ that someone doesn't know what they have and will sell cheap??? :confused1

Troy

Finding dual 44's....I think I would need new pants...I would not mid getting a front 44 for the XJ that is a dream come true...

Hey red what is the Pick and Pull like out in Sac? is it good the one here in San Jo, blows...found 2 XJ's when i went last...Maybe I will have you pick something up for me at the Rancho Cordova Jeep recycling plant, skip the shipping charges...lol

that one is HP, but its not REALLY a d44, it is a rubi axle, 44 center section, thats it, 30 tubes, 30 inner C's, 30 knuckles, and the first thing that breaks on a 30, the hub assembly

tealcherokee said:
that one is HP, but its not REALLY a d44, it is a rubi axle, 44 center section, thats it, 30 tubes, 30 inner C's, 30 knuckles, and the first thing that breaks on a 30, the hub assembly
true- no wear near the strenth of a 78 ford 44 3/4 ton front. the rear end is a bare tj housing with perches...(87s are better! ;) )

very sweet rig tho julio!

I could not get the pics the first time I tried. Thats Alot of money for that. I think a waggy 44 would be a better choice. You could spend the extra cash on beefing up the waggy 44.

tealcherokee said:
hub assemblies wear out, but i've never seen one break. I've seen D44 hubs break. how have you seen them break?

Back