• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help lca install: axle shifted

lostdeep

NAXJA Member #1285
i'm almost done with my lift but i'm having trouble with the lca's. my axle has shifted about 3-4" to the drivers side. how do i recenter it?

use a sissor jack between the UCA bracket and the axle. just put the jack in there and open/raise it until you get the axle where you want it.

Put the tires back on and turn the steering wheel. Then hook up your trackbar. Then if it's not lining up, use the stock bottle jack to push on the coil seat. Or....Get creative. It's easier without the coils putting pressure on everything also....Good luck!

unhook tracbar...bounce front end until it centers...trac bar back on

passxj said:
Put the tires back on and turn the steering wheel. Then hook up your trackbar. Then if it's not lining up, use the stock bottle jack to push on the coil seat. Or....Get creative. It's easier without the coils putting pressure on everything also....Good luck!
I have found lining up the LCAs is easier then trying to line up the track bar. Maybe they are all different, but I hooked up the Trac-bar then jacked up the opposing end of the axle as high as I could to get them to line up. Now the question is if your LCAs are long enough for your amount of lift. If they are adjustable, Naxja is loaded with charts for correct Control arm lengths for different lift sizes.

LilRedRover said:
unhook tracbar...bounce front end until it centers...trac bar back on
Wow bouncing on Jack stands ? That whole jack stand thing is nerve racking enough:shiver: I sure wish I had one of those lifts, of course with a lifted vehicle you wouldn't get much lift would you ?

ok, i got it lined up but now i need to pull the axle forward afew inches. only problem is i dont have a bottle jack, winch, or comealong. time to make a few calls.

boise49ers said:
Wow bouncing on Jack stands ? That whole jack stand thing is nerve racking enough:shiver: I sure wish I had one of those lifts, of course with a lifted vehicle you wouldn't get much lift would you ?

Oops... I forgot to mention to put the tires back on and put it on the ground

Lostdeep: You live in Motown, if you can't get it taken care of contact greg at vehicleworx, he'll take care of yah. One problem is that if you have the wrong length CAs then it will pull your axle back. If you have Adjustables Adjust them out to lengthen them and push your axle forward. Also, put your tires on and let it down if you have enough room for the tires and give it a few shakes. Sometimes they center themselves when given the opportunity.

LilRedRover said:
Oops... I forgot to mention to put the tires back on and put it on the ground

Lostdeep: You live in Motown, if you can't get it taken care of contact greg at vehicleworx, he'll take care of yah. One problem is that if you have the wrong length CAs then it will pull your axle back. If you have Adjustables Adjust them out to lengthen them and push your axle forward. Also, put your tires on and let it down if you have enough room for the tires and give it a few shakes. Sometimes they center themselves when given the opportunity.

yea i have adjustable lca's. i set them to 16.5", from what i've read thats about the length i need for the RE 3.5". being by myself i cant push the axle far enough forward to do any good.

Give me a call... 304-290-6664... I'm in fairmont and I have my little girl so I can't leave, but I'll try and explain what I did

Do you have a large pipe wrench? If you do use that with a jack to rotate the axle which effectively moves if forward or backward. If you don't have a spare jack it's a bit more difficult, but get a piece of pipe big enough to go over the handle. You can move it in small increments that way.

lostdeep said:
yea i have adjustable lca's. i set them to 16.5", from what i've read thats about the length i need for the RE 3.5". being by myself i cant push the axle far enough forward to do any good.
Oh yeah I've been there. Doing it by yourself sucks. No one to kick or hit with a hammer. Last time I did mine 2 weeks ago my son hit my thumb joint with a BFH
swelled like a plum.
Good Luck
:)

LilRedRover said:
Give me a call... 304-290-6664... I'm in fairmont and I have my little girl so I can't leave, but I'll try and explain what I did

dirty bastard is coming over in a few. hopefully we can get things straighted out.

I was able to rotate my axle rearward (to install my LCAs) by using a bottle jack beneath the spring mounting plate on the front of the axle this last weekend - just be sure that nothing ("nothing" meaning the jack / vehicle) is moving while you raise the jack - I almost crushed my pointer finger off when the jack slipped off the front of the plate (this was my own fault - I wasn't being attentive enough) - fortunately my finger wasn't quite centered between whatever two points tried to pinch it off and I escaped with a blood blister and a 2mm deep gouge across the front of my finger, a cheap lesson in my book.

lostdeep said:
dirty bastard is coming over in a few. hopefully we can get things straighted out.

sweet, sent you a PM on jeepinwv

once the track bar is lined up, put the wheels on.... get a strong freind to rotate the tire foward or backward to line up the LCA holes.............

skyjackedxj96 said:
once the track bar is lined up, put the wheels on.... get a strong freind to rotate the tire foward or backward to line up the LCA holes.............
Are you serious ? Thats good to know , but man what a bunch of wasted time I took:confused1

skyjackedxj96 said:

thats the problem, i dont have any help. :( i'm putting the call out now on my local board.

1.jpg

Back