• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Relay.. 97'

ODXJ97

NAXJA Forum User
My oil pressure gauge is doing the crazy dance (from zero to 40 to 80 to zero, etc.) so I'm assuming I need to replace the sending unit or relay... which ever. Does anyone know exactly where it's located on a 97' 4.0L? Thanks.

right next to the oil filter adapter. Should have one wire going to it. You might try just cleaning off the connector and reseating it.

yep, it's right by the oil filter.
oilpressuresenders.jpg

best image I could find.

Hmmmmm... much appreciated, but mine doesn't look like that (1997). I did clean the nearest electrical looking device that happened to be attached to the oil filter housing, as well as adding dielectric grease to the connectors............. it didn't help. :dunno:

it was basically an electrical plug right above the filter right ?? That was it . They are known to be a flaky part, cleaning fixes a lot of them but sounds like it's time to replace yours

Ridr said:
it was basically an electrical plug right above the filter right ?? That was it . They are known to be a flaky part, cleaning fixes a lot of them but sounds like it's time to replace yours

Yup, that's the one. Indeed, time for replacement. Thanks all.

Back