• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will a 235/75 r15 work on a 15x8 rim?

Pete M

NAXJA Forum User
I have (had?) a potential buyer for my tires (trying to raise funds for my new MJ project) and he's shying away due to BFG being absolutely insane. The BFG website lists a 7" rim as the widest for the 235, but a 8.5" for the 30" even though there's only like a 1/4" difference between the two. And of course, he has an 8" rim.
So has anyone mounted 235s on the apparantly monstrously huge 8" wide rim?
Jeep on!
--Pete

I had 235s mounted on 15x8 American Racing AR-767s and they looked and performed just fine. I have since switched back to Jeep ALY9031 15x7 alloys just because I like the look of the wheels better.

-Dave

A 235 should be good for wheeling on a 15x8 wheel as long as you don't dummy down the pressure to something absurd (say 8 to 10 psi?) and try to go hit the dunes or spin the tires too much. The worst thing that could happen is the guy pops a bead if he were to air down too much.

Good luck on the tire sell.

Thanks guys! Unfortunately BFG's website apparently still had more sway with him than actual real live Jeepers, so the deal fell through. Oh well. :( I tried.
Jeep on!
--Pete

Back