• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting there, but have a ?

HilltopXJ

NAXJA Member #950
Hope the pics work

867615214305_0_ALB.jpg

440367924305_0_ALB.jpg
Well my front build up is almost done finally. But im having troubles with the brake calipers fitting in the caliper brakets. Im using ford rotors with chevy
small bearing spindles,chevy knuckles, chevy caliper brakets. The inner brake pad will not fit between the back of the rotor and the caliper bracket seem the rivets are getting in the way. To be honest this is my first dealings with chevy stuff. Unfortunatly I didnt get a pic of wat im talking about but I know a few of you have done this very same mod. So please help. And please dont tell me to search because I only have work internet right now so time does not allow. thank in advance.

see if this pic works

100_1297.jpg

100_1278.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone there? Do I need to make a couple thousand post to get an answer?:D

txredxj said:
why dont you use chavy rotors? by the way i love the axle and its green!
Trying to keep the 5x5.5 bolt pattern. Thanks for the compliment The axle is cool green but it will be black when done. Thats a zinc chromate primer by the way.

JeepFreak21 said:
You sure it's not that you just need to compress the brake piston a little more? With a 'c' clamp? Can you grind the rivet flat and weld the piece that was riveted on?
Billy

I thought that at first but the pad itself will not fit without the caliper. Maybe grinding the rivets will work but it just seems they should fit better. I havent tryed the other side yet maybe the backing plate is bent on that side.
I sure looks strait. These caliper brackets are the full circle kind that are solid.
I do have another set of brackets that have the cheesy dust shield that I see everyone cuts off. maybe I'll try those. Thanks for the suggestion if all else fails I'll try that.

Well I figured it out. I had a 50/50 chance on the two sets of brackets I had
and of course I picked the wrong ones first. I could of sworn the first ones I picked were the chevy ones, Must have been the waggy pair I tried first.
Thanks for the couple of responces I got, makes me proud to be a paying member.:D

Back