• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Almost ready to wheel

G

Well, I have finally found some time to work on the XJ. :lol: I managed to finish welding in my rear wheel wells. After I welded in the sheet metal I fiberglassed (one side so far) to give added strength. I welded up the transmission tunnel(cut one huge hole for a klune that I had to sell) then I fiberglassed the tunnel for added strength. Now when I can afford a Klune again It will be an easy install.... :wink:

So, After I finish with the fiberglass on the other side I should be ready to roll.

Is there anywhere near the east bay area to go wheeling? I would like to find somewhere close to home for a trial run. Prefferably just a middle of the road kind of trail just to try it out.

Thanks,
Larry Ratcliff

Holly cow.... I defanately should not post after drinking beer. :lol:

Larry, is that you?????

I thought maybe you sold your XJ.

Hollister ORV Park is close, plus Frank Raines in Livermore area. I have done neither and I want to do hollister for sure.

BTW, I sold those AT's you sold me and got some MTRs. Much more bite.

See ya

SeanP

How about Hollister this weekend? 23rd or 24th.

It is me....

The XJ has been just sitting in the same spot you saw it in. I thought about selling it but I could not force myself to do it.

It took me forever to grind down those nasty looking welds you saw.

I am hoping to get it finished up next week. I have Thanks Giving week off so It should be possible. So maybe we could go hit one of those trails in 2-3 weeks?
[/quote]

Back