• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 ZJ Rear Bench into 99 XJ, possible?

gregmondro

NAXJA Forum User
How hard would it be for me to put seats from a 94 ZJ into a 99 Cherokee? This would just be for the rear bench seat.

The XJ i'm buying had them removed because the guy had a plywood board over the whole rear to put his cargo onto.

I'd like to just swap out the rear seats from my ZJ that i'm parting out anyway and be done with it, depending on how difficult it would be, or even possible.

try it...ive lined them up before at the junkyard and its close, but really really tight...you might need to shave it down and have it re upholstered

i would have it reupholstered so it looks good, you might be able just to use the same material
yep they are narrower inside than a zj ...the seats sit a little taller...however im not sure how they mount or how much leg room would there be

ah, that's not a big deal to me. Just gonna have to take a look this weekend I guess to see how much of a pain in the ass it'll be.

be sure to do a write up

Timber said:
Why not make some brackets and throw the ZJ's front seats into the back of the XJ?
Kind of defeats the purpose of a split rear fold down since the fronts do not fold flat.

Back