• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front spring question

chassellbandit

NAXJA Forum User
ok, assembling parts for stage 2 of jeep altitude. looking for about 5.5" when its all sadi and done, with about 130-150# of bumper and winch (eventually). also have 1.75" spacer. real world expierence, whos gonna be close to around this height by the time weight+sagging is done? i'm thinking maybe tomken 4"? rusty 4.5" ? rockkrawler springs seem stiff, so maybe thats an option? any cheap ass options are also scweet. how about f150 coils. thought i heard once those will work. V8 grand springs to account for extra weight (tho i dopn't know that theres much difference)? any suggestions appreciated. thanx

Sorry I can not provide much real world experience but I would ask each manufacturer what the spring rate and height of the spring is. Then you can calculate exactly what the height will be with each spring.

To be honest, I can not believe for the life of me, why this information is not discussed more? We talk about lift springs, but when you make a coil you talk about height and spring rate, does anyone else think this is odd, or is it just me.

Michael

Chasselbandit --

Why are you looking for 4" or 4.5" springs when you want 5.5" of lift? Just because you have a pair of $25 coil spacers? False economy. If you're buying coils, 5.5" or 6" coils likely won't cost any more than 4.5" coils, but they'll give you the height without spacers. It's always good to start out where you want to be sans spacers. That way, if you get some sagging in the future or you want to go up just a but more, you can toss the spacers in to level things out.

Back