• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ doorless writeups?

i did mine and it worked out ok...i was stupid and took the bolts out...mainly cuz i did not have acess to a dremel.
For the pins I used lynch pins with the hoop removed...reasoning behind this was they already have the part sawed off to make them easier to remove.
For lights i just un bolted the little light pin and removed it from the wiring behind it.

I aslo am considering making it more like a pre 97 i was thinking of adding a metal sleve inbetween the two pins whole on the car and then haveing a pin welded on to the top ear. I am wondering how much that would cause stess to the top ear...seems too easy, but im gonnna give it a whirl and will let you know if it works... obiously im gonna keep a good st of stock hinges if it doesnt work. Let me know what you guys think of this.

do you think you would be able to just cut the bottom ear off the door hing and slide them in or would that be too weak or loose? Its almost the same idea as the pre 97 ones except its two ears on the body hinge instead of one in the middle yuh know?

Im not sure if it would be possible or not... and i think there would be alot of slop but may still work

Back