• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

temprature control door/valve motor thingy....

adam.gutt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99 cherokee, I have no heat. Really tired of being cold. I think my temp control valve or blendoor is stuck... when I turn my temprature dial from hot to cold and vice versa I hear something rubbing or scratching (or clunking). Does anybody know where about this little temp door is located in the heater box? Would I be able to just take the bottom half of the box (the part behind the glove box) off to replace it?

oh, and I have ABS, can I lift my jeep?

Thanks,
Adam

I broke the connection from where the arms meet under the pass. side dash, and you may have done the same. I just used wire and duct tape to fix it. Its been almost 2 years and still works great :).

just had a similar problem with my 99, seems that the door for defrost wasn't working so I traced vac lines and everything. Turned out to be the arm that the vac. actuator attaches to. It had popped out of it's socket. popped it back in and my windshield is clear. BTW that's right behind the radio and on the left side of the heater box.
Yes you can lift your jeep if it has ABS, won't be a problem at all.

Back