• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing OEM 97+ fogs in my 00 XJ. Couple questions.

JTS97Z28

NAXJA Forum User
I know the OEM fogs arent the best for output but im mainly using them to improve the looks of my XJ and to use them later in dusk so I dont kill out my new IPF 80/110watt bulbs so quickly as I heard the higher powered bulbs dont have a long lifespan.

Anyway, I purchased a complete OEM fog kit from JeepsAreUs.com for my 00 XJ. I was just curious how hard they are to install. Also, for the insert where the fogs go do I just trim the piece off at the outter edge?
Any tips are greatly appreciated.

JT

I cut the bumper caps out with a knife and then used a dremmel tool to finnish them up. Just fallow the cut outs that are on them. As for installing the lights it sould not be too hard. Just follow the instructions. I personally have not installed the OEM kit, but looking at it it does not look too hard. I have pictues of the installed kit if that will help. I had them installed after I baught my XJ.
Alex

Bumper Cap 97-01 Uncut.
FrontBumperCap.jpg

Bumper Cap 97-01 With OEM Fog and Tow Hook Cut Outs.
FrontBumperCapRH.jpg

I've done it, it's a snap. You need to cut out the thing on the bumper, but then they bolt right in. If you are putting in all the stock wiring too, that's kind of a pain. It's a tight fit under the heater controls, and you have to be pretty flexible to get to the power block (under the drivers side dash) to get all the wiring hooked up. It should take less than an hour if you are doing all the stock wiring, it will take ten minutes if your just bolting the lights in.

Back