• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS wont go to 83%???

Jimminyc

NAXJA Forum User
Searched it and did the adjustment and i can only get my tps to about 90% by adjusting it all the way one way. Now what? is it bad then????

Jimminyc said:
its an 89', 4.0, aw4
Which TPS are you measuring by; there are two comming out of the TPS. One is for the tranny computer and one is for the ECM. And, they are in reverxe of each other. Send me your email and I will send you some info.

Are you maybe adjusting it the wrong way? By the way you described it, you are loosening both screws and moving the whole TPS to the left or right, not pivoting it on one screw at a time.

well, i tried adjusting it both ways...no matter what i did, the numbers didnt seem to make up 83%.
I dont remember which connector i tested...should i use the 3 wire or the 4 wire square connector?
Do you guys think my kickdown problem, and shifting problem, and TC lockup problem would all be signs of a tps??
TC locks up at 40 then kicks out when i let off the gas....wierd

4 wire square, and make sure you use terminals A & D (input) and B & D (output) divide output by input and there is your ratio. I would guess if nothing you do works, either you messed with the throttle stop, or your TPS is faulty.

ok, so all fixed!!! thanks for the help everyone. went to the junk yard today and picked up a tps and adjusted it to within spec and she shifts like a dream! big dif.
Brandon, do a quick search. TPS adjustment. People have already posted the procedure a few times.
Now im trying to decide if i want to risk doing a flush or not....hmmm

Back