• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel gauge

DVM04

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a new fuel pump and sending unit. A full tank of gas, seldom hits 3/4 on the gauge? Is there a way to correct this? And the gauge needle moves quite a bit around turns, could I place a resistor in line? Thanks

I just took the gas tank out of my XJ last night (prepping for welding up the rust holes in the floor pan, then cleaning up and sealing the rest of the floorpan).

I plan on playing with the gauge level, I'll let you know what I find out. I have a '95 XJ BTW.

The little float its slide pot, in the gas tank, usually has a little screw pot to trim the resistance and adjust it a bit.

DVM04 said:
I installed a new fuel pump and sending unit. A full tank of gas, seldom hits 3/4 on the gauge? Is there a way to correct this? And the gauge needle moves quite a bit around turns, could I place a resistor in line? Thanks
Bend the float rod a little.

Back