• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000XJ extended aux. fan run times

jeepjunkies

NAXJA Forum User
2000 Jeep cherokee 4.0. I searched for a few hours but didn't come up with an answer. The auxillary fan will continually run after the Jeep is shut off. Sometimes it will run for 1-2 hours. This only happens after running the A/C compressor. Will not do it if only overheating has caused the fan to turn on. Already changed out the temp sensor. Is the next step the A/C relay or am I missing something else. And no, I don't want to just put a switch on the aux. fan to turn it on/off.
Thanks guys

There's a fan relay in the Power Control Center, under the hood, near the battery. Look under the lid to ID the relay location. If after you've shut the engine off and it's still running, tap the relay with the handle of a screwdriver, and it should shut off. That's also a good sign that your relay is sticking. I had the same problem on my '98. The relay should be less than $20 from the dealer...

Back