• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats should i do, i need guidance

mylucky24

NAXJA Forum User
I am 17. I have a 96 XJ classic. I like to go wheelin every now and again. I live in Central Indiana, so theres not many place near to go offroadin, other than corn fields and a few trails. This is my daily driver. I am wanting to lift it. I am wondering wether to go 3 or 4.5 I have searched the forums for awhile now. I am will to save and put out the money for a 4.5. I just need to know if i do a 4.5" if its going to cuase me problems with being my daily drive. If you can just help me out and give me some guidace that would be great, thanks for your time.

Ross

I have a 96 classic that used to be my daily driver. I had the RE 3.5" super ride kit with full leaf packs on it with 31's and drove it everyday. It drove and handled fine. I would suggest that same exact kit for you. It is a complete kit and all I needed that wasn't included in the kit was an adjustable trackbar.

mylucky24 said:
Thanks, did your kit flex pretty good? What was your total lift height with the 31's?

The kit flexed really well, I had to add bumpstops up front to keep the tires outta the fenders, then I trimmed and went to 33's and they fit perfectly.

once.jpg

A pic right after I installed the kit with 31's.

bumper2.jpg

A pic trimmed with 33's. The kit sits at about 4" of lift all the way around after almost 2.5 years.

Back