• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a brake line hose guide.

lawsoncl

NAXJA Forum User
I finally found a few hours of free time and good weather today to work on the Crown Vic disk brake swap!

I've got the Crown Vic disc brakes bolted up and I just need to finish up the hydraulic and parking lines. It looks like the Crown Vic hoses are metric with a 10mm female fitting and the Jeep is US thread.

The lines from the junkyard are cut, so I need to order new soft lines anyway. My original plan was just to order replacement Crown Vic lines and redo the ends on the hard lines, but being able to order a soft line with the right ends would simplify life and avoid having to borrow a flaring kit. Anyone got a link to a brake line guide that shows the vehicle and what ends the hoses have? Given that I need to mix metric and sae, I think I'm outta luck.

-Chris

There is a place here is Louisville that can make anything you want, but you would have to tell me the fittings you need. If you figure it out let me know. you might be able to find somewhere on the net that can make what you want as well. just make sure whatever you buy is DOT approved.

It's not a problem finding custom lines - it's just that they are expensive at around $50 each. I was hoping to find stock lines which would work as they are cheaper at around $16 each. Worse case, I rent a flaring tool and redo the hard line ends.

lawsoncl said:
Worse case, I rent a flaring tool and redo the hard line ends.

Hard lines aren't too bad just make sure you practice a few times so you can get a good flare. but I agree this is the cheapest option.

Another possibility is metric to SAE converter fittings. A good parts shop should have a case full of these.

Back