• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 problems. A/C and Engine Coolent

pikey77

NAXJA Forum User
First the Anti-Freeze leak. It appears the radiater is leaking from the top right(pax side) corner ofthe radiator doens't appear the hose isleaking. I have pictures on my cellphone but don't know how to put them on here.

Second A/C - Its recently started not blowing hot air intermittently. Itll work perfect on somedrives and then others itll just blow cooler air. Theres two plastic caps on ontop of the condensor and one a little ways back from it the second cap does have some green dye underneath it.

Recently flushed the engine coolent/radiator and neither were happening before that.

2001 4.0

could be a bad radiator. if it is, just get another one and replace it. its kind of intimidating to think about, but i could teach a 6 year old to do it if i gave the kid a set of sockets.
it helps to remove the electric fan when taking out the radiator. the more space the better.
green dye? probably an AC leak detection unit. there should be 2 screw on caps associated with your AC system. one is a high line and one is a low line. you allways add refridgerant via the low line.
its a 2001, which is relatively new, but keep in mind it is a 5 year old vehicle. stuff sometimes messes up. how many miles?

118,888 as it was parked after lunch.

Figured as much on the radiator....probably try some stop leak and see.

The past few days have been the first real A/C needed days so that may be why im noticing it now and not earlier. I don't know why it would be an intermittent problem with the AC working well sometimes and sometimes it just blows slightly cool air.

Back