• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long is OEM Track Bar

TRB

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys, I have owned a Cherokee for about 3 months. 1989Xj,AW4,NP231, 15-8 wheel &31-10.50 tires. I just did a 2" budget lift. S10 leafs and Coil Spacers. It netted about 2 1/4" in front and just over 2" in rear. I noticed the front axle is offset 3/4" to the passengers side. I thought it should have gone the other way. I didnt notice before lift if it was off or not. As I jack up the front bumper to simulate more lift I can see the axle or body moves in the direction that start to center axle. I think I would have to go near 5" to get it centered. My track bar length is 31 1/4" center bolt on axle to zerk fitting.
Maybe this jeep is telling me it wants about 3" more lift..HA!
Anyone know what might be going on.

Last edited:
I would go out and measure my stock track bar on my '89 for ya, but its 30 degrees outside and snowing, but I know for sure that my track bar does not have a zerk fitting on it anywhere, if that helps any :).

There is a zerk on mine as well and as far as measuring it I have it in a garage 16 miles away I'm going to go work on it and will try to remember to get a measurement and check back later on in the day. 30 degrees and snowing? that's nothin!

Back