• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Summit Winches

Dustinyork

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of picking up a wicng for my XJ and saw that summit is now seling there own brand winch that seems pretty resonable on the price .

Any one have one of these winches or had any experience with them ?

im not a professional rock crawler or anything , but i do like to go out prepard , especially if im alone and ive always had good luck with summit

Thanks

What mainline brand do they look like ? and got a link ?

hmmmm, I'm in the market for a winch, so I took a peek at Summit's website.

Looks like a T-max with a Summit sticker slapped on it and the specs are similar. Since T-max says they own their Chinese facilities, I wouldn't think they'd undercut their own US distributor by letting Summit sell the exact same thing $100-$150 cheaper.

I don't know anybody that runs either brand, but there is a guy on the pirate board, rudezuk, that pimps T-max and says his customers love em. You might want to search on pirate.

$450 for a 6.6hp, 9k winch, I'd definitely try the Summit before a Harbor Freight or Milemarker cheapo. They have a 90 day, no questions asked, return policy so if it's an obvious piece of crap, you can send it back and only lose a few bucks for shipping.

Why dontcha contact Summit and see if they can give you more specs, like the line speed, load, etc., and come back and tell us? Then you can compare to t-max spec here www.t-maxwinches.com

Here ya go RichP, ya lazy bastid
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=winches&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp

Last edited:
sum-930003_w.jpg

Back