• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble lowering brake lines

K2fender

NAXJA Forum User
The torx bolt on my driver side brake line bracket is stripped out to the point that i cant get the correct size torx bit to grab, and a t40 wont fit. I need to drop the brake lines, but I cant figure out what to do. I have been looking around for t35 incase that might work, but I cant seem to find it anywhere. Any suggestions?

mine arent bolted down, i straigtened them about a year ago and havent had any problems with them

No reason to save the bolt is there?
The reason you're removing it is to mount it farther down so you'll be drilling a new hole anyway.
Grind the head off.
Take less time than posting this question.

If you can't grind the head off, use a hex head of appropriate size in the hole. If it's a little bigger than the hole, encourage it by tapping it in. Hex grabs different spots than the Torx. :)

scottsxj said:
is that a joke

god I hope so....that is a terrible idea... grind the damn thing off, buy a 10 cent self tapper and put it back into the hole you drill to move it... problem solved

Back