• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doing Trac Bar Install NOW

StylerG

NAXJA Forum User
Setting under my jeep (thanks laptop inventor) and looking at how hard taking my trac bar off and putting a new one on is going to be.....looks pretty basic except the passenger side back nut is hidden except for one little area, and how hard is it going to be to get the drivers side off on the old one???? Any other tips or comments greatly appreciated

its really simple. yes the nut is hidden, but there should be a little flat piece of metal sticking out of the bottom of the hole . the nut that is hidden is actually welded to the top of this and having this tab makes it alot easier to line it back up and thread the bolt . the top is pretty much what u see what u get type thing.

thanks, its 11:30 at night and i would still like to make it to work tomm. but couldnt let the new part sit in a box overnight.....i will begin!

one more thing. is it a stock track bar or is it an aftermarket RE bar with a heim ? if its got the heim you will have to drill out the hole on the frame mount side to 5/8's if i remember right? if its stock youll be fine. good luck

its a black diamond, and yes i have to drill it out....
looked the same as the re, and 50 bucks cheaper plus 4wheersupply.com shipped it overnight for free

StylerG said:
any tips on getting the bolt out?
the axle end bolt? Once you unthread it from the back nut (the little tab with the nut falls down) youse pull the bolt out or unthread it out. It might also help if someone bounces on your front bumper up and down so that it keeps unloading the pressue from the bolt and if you keep an even pressure on it while doing so it should come out.

sorry, in the middle of "action" bolt meaning where my heim joint will go, on the drivers side, i cant seem to figure out how to get that off

StylerG said:
sorry, in the middle of "action" bolt meaning where my heim joint will go, on the drivers side, i cant seem to figure out how to get that off

take the nut off the back and use a pickle fork - its tapered like a TRE...

sorry, had to run and get a new drill bit....so it should just pop off with the influence of a pry bar considering i dont have the right tool

hows it going? prybar will work and a lot of beating on it if that dont work

pry bar isnt working, considering taking off the frame mounts and beating it out after that, how much more work am i looking at to do that, and any instructions to go with that, or anything i need to keep trying to avoid that step???

got if off finally! Used my factory jack and jacked the left side down, when it was almost at the ground i pried for a little bit and when i released the pressure on the jack it fell off! Complete waste of a couple of hours on an incredibly simple job with the right tools....
Now how do i get the adjustment that i need???

Back