• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

path of trailer hitch wiring loom

Berrill

NAXJA Forum User
I am fitting a trailer hitch wiring loom, could someone show me the path that the loom must take from the cars wiring harness to the external connector.

A picture will be worth a thousand words,

Thanking you in advance

Antony Berrill

Here is a diagram of the route. The red line is how it gets from the internal connector to the hitch connector. It plugs in behind the spare tire and panel. Then it runs down to where there is a grommet going to the outside. Remove that one and feed the harness out. On the Mopar harness it has a rubber grommet on it to plug the whole. Then just run it in the bumper to the hitch. Hope this helps.
Alex

Hitch.jpg

If you live in a rust prone area, consider leaving the whole thing inside. You can snake it out under the plastic trim beneath the spare tire. Just close the hatch over it when it's in use. This saves a lot of corrosion and wear and tear on the plug end. The wires don't seem to be harmed by having the hatch closed on them. I've had mine this way for years. On my truck, which has no such option, I have to replace the plug every year or two because the insides of the connector disintegrate.

Back