• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Familiar with TSF inside and out?

ECKSJAY

Water is dirty
Top to bottom? I'm in need of some assistance and have some questions. Could you PM me if you're PROFICIENT (not just been there a time or two) with the area? I've got some specific planning questions for our trip in August.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've been there a time or two :) What are your specific questions? Another board I hang out on his mostly oregon users, and they frequent TSF. I could probably get you some answers.

J

it's big...most entrances are from the east and west. It has trees...(i.e. a forest)

and it has small furry animals that can be shot during certian times of the year.

and its really really big ! Plenty of places to hide bodies...errr.. I mean stolen hondas..errr...nevermind.

red91inWA said:
it's big...most entrances are from the east and west. It has trees...(i.e. a forest)

and it has small furry animals that can be shot during certian times of the year.

and its really really big ! Plenty of places to hide bodies...errr.. I mean stolen hondas..errr...nevermind.

Trees, yes....but do they have...THE LARCH?

01-the-larch.jpg

Avanteone said:
Phil, I HAVE that actual map if you wanna borrow it, or copy it, or whatever.

J

I printed this one and have reviewed it already. I'm using it to identify unmarked roads on my topo maps. I'm going to be down in Tillamook around May so I'll pick up several copies for driver packets while I'm there. Thanks for the offer. :)

I will have to say good luck to finding any of these around town. I picked up the last one at the Honda shop back in November, they haven't gotten any replacements yet. I'll ask Matt where they get them from, my best guess would be the ODF office. They're on 3rd (parallel Hwy 6, to the south), just east from Wilson River Loop Rd. (I guess working out there has some advantages, lol)

I got a map of TSF when I bought my Oregon OHV sticker. I don't think I have it any more though. Them trails be tricky.

I got mine at the little store on Highway 6 just east of Browns Camp.

Here's some info off of my map.

For more info contact:

OHV Coordinator
District Recreation Coordinator
ODF Forest Grove District
801 Gales Creek Road
Forest Grove, OR 97116
503-357-2191

www.odf.state.or.us/

pdxxjnoob said:
I got a map of TSF when I bought my Oregon OHV sticker. I don't think I have it any more though. Them trails be tricky.

Ha, I think we have your map still from that day we drove around marking off closed trails.

that little store that aventeone mentioned always has the maps. and you can get the $10 pass damn near anywhere. I always get mine at GI Joes. Have any questions about the place, pm me. you could say i know it fairly well.

Big reason there aren't any tracks is, yes, the snow...and trail closures. If you look at the trail report via the link on the TSF (http://egov.oregon.gov/ODF/TSF/road_and_trail_rpt.shtml) website, there are a lot that are still closed and will remain that way until it dries out or gets some much needed TLC from some volunteers. There's a lot of discussion on the OBH yahoo group about it, and there are meetings to attend and phone calls to be made to lobby for re-opening and trail repair.

As it gets closer to August you'd have to be aware of all the fire restrictions and remember an ax, shovel and fire extinguisher...as well as your ATV permits.

OR2000XJ said:
As it gets closer to August you'd have to be aware of all the fire restrictions and remember an ax, shovel and fire extinguisher...as well as your ATV permits.

What, no bucket? :)

Yeah I'm aware of that and it will go in the requirements list. Thanks for the input.

Back