• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Throttle Body Spacer

Zoro

NAXJA Forum User
A buddy of mine did the Rusty's intake and throttle body spacer on his ZJ and just by driving it it feels like a 20HP gain.

I will be running a snorkel so I'll have to keep the factory airbox and my question is will the hood be able to shut properly with a 1" throttle body spacer installed and the factory air-box hose still in place?

90XJ Renix 4 pointer

You can save yourself some dough my assembling your own intake to replace the airbox, so long as it can be adapted to the snorkel. It cost me about $30 for mine, and I was buying materials from a not-so-cheap source.
You may also wish to consider an IAT relocate at the same time, but it kills your mileage in the colder climates (runs rich as hell).

if it felt like more power it was the intake , I have yet to see a dyno result where a spacer did anything, except one published in 4 wheel and off road where the engine actually lost torque

Back