• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snap ring on TC

D

dBaobxj

Snap ang on d@

Hey, ha anyone had the snap ring that is on the TC shaft rear break or just fu¬` off??­
My TC has ne&`r been`pen ortorjed Ž`, had noise with in 4lo so I start taking apart the TC and find that the rea mort sap ringpas gon(. I ch't see`ow thi wotld `ppend.

anyone??

Having just installed a SYE in my transpher case I can't for the life of me figure out how one could fall off. It took over two hours of frustrating work just to get those things off!

FiFo said:
Having just installed a SYE in my transpher case I can't for the life of me figure out how one could fall off. It took over two hours of frustrating work just to get those things off!

Man I have never worked on a transpher case, that musta been a bitch.
I can't even find my transpher case....where is it?

Anything is possible. If the snap ring wasn't seated properly in the first, then it could fall off I suppose. Just put a new snap ring on. Might be a good time to rebuild it, because if the ring fell off or broke, then who knows what else is wrong.

I all ready put a new snap ring on.. didn't rebuild but everything looks ok...

theres not verymeny miles on it, at last in 4wd.. got the jeep from a guy who drove only on the freeways.. at 100,000 miles and now after almost 10 years.. I only have 140,000 :D

BRIANHO13 said:
Man I have never worked on a transpher case, that musta been a bitch.
I can't even find my transpher case....where is it?

I'm assuming that your just giving me a hard time because my spelling sucks. Though transfer is a hard work, its got more then 5 letters and everything!

Seriously though when I started the SYE install the only thing I knew about transfer cases is that they where between the transmission and the drive shafts, and that they let me use 4x4. Next thing I knew, with the help of a knowledgeable friend, I had the transfer case off the vehicle and transfer case fluid up to my elbows! Now I got it back together and in the vehicle, though with my luck it will probably explode the first time I try putting it into 4x4. :)

Back