• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior cage to cab tie-ins

MJlogan

NAXJA Forum User
I've been wheeling my MJ with full width axles for about a year now and the unibody is starting to get a little pissed. If I fully flex it out I can hear the roof and back of the cab bowing. There are 4 inch long cracks growing at the four corners of the rear window.

I know there has been a few threads about exo's and tying them into the rain gutters, but does anyone have any pics/ideas on tying an interior cage to the cab? I'm thinking along the lines of what they do with prerunners/desert trucks when they solid mount the cabs and tie into the cage with dimple died sheetmetal. Except i'd probably run 1/8" plate instead of the dimpled sheetmetal bling.

Check on the 4 dr chopped XJ thread, the link I posted has pics of how I did my cage and tied it into the body.

Goatman said:
Check on the 4 dr chopped XJ thread, the link I posted has pics of how I did my cage and tied it into the body.

Exactly what im talking about. I like how you used the seatbelt mounts to tie into. Thanks for the ideas, I appreciate it.

Back