• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep not Starting

CUJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok this is a weird one. I have a 91 limited with about 145k on it. It will not start. It will crank but will not fire. I changed the ecu about 500 miles ago. I believe I have the renix throttle but am not sure. Anyway when i initially turn the key i normally can hear the fuel rail charge up or the fuel pump come on but now i cannot hear that noise. I am totally in the dark and need to get it running so any advise would help.
Thanks

If your jeep is a '91 then its not renix, its a high output chrysler style. Anyways, you said your pump is on so i'm assuming your getting fuel. Are you getting spark? i'd check the ignition coil to distributer wire, look to see if its still ok. You said you recently changed the ecu though, what caused that to happen?

eric

No the fuel pump is not on i cannot hear it charge up when the key is first turned on. Yeah i didn't know what a renix was just saw it talked about on here. I don't think i am getting feul but i am going to check that tomorrow. I will also check the coil wire thanks for the advice. I dunno why my ecu failed took it to the shop to fix a problem and they told me ecu and it fixed the problem.
Thanks again for the advice

One ez way to check for fuel pressure (if you have any) is to check the pressure relief valve on the fuel rail. If you've got pressure you should get a good squirt of fuel. Try turning the key and releasing the pressure. If you can discharge it twice then you've got pressure. At least that will tell you if the gas is getting to the injectors.

Back