• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lights turn on rear wiper . . GREAT Help Please

ruehmann

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj and the rear wiper is fubared

I thought, maybe it was a fuse, (THANKS NATEP! for the fuse list) I guess DC messed up the fuse panel says "see owners manual" and the owners manual says "see fuse panel" . I get enough of that crap a work.

Any how checked the fuse, it's fine

Spent $15 on a new switch from the dealer. Installed it (really easy pleasant surprise)

The spray function works but not impermanent. IF the headlights are ON I can’t shut the damn thing off.

On a side note I had an alarm on the thing when I bought it and recently pulled it off. It was REALLY sensitive. (The wiper issue started a week or so after I got mad at the alarm)

Can someone tell me what wires to look for etc? I don’t want to give a mechanic a blank diagnose check.

You Guys ROCK, when I stop working for the state and make more money I hope to go to Moab or something. Governor Owens sucks.

Thanks,

Back