• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift ?

f-a-t-b-o-y

NAXJA Forum User
i tried search,if there is a thread with anwsers please just direct me to that. if i have 3.5in leaf packs for rear, 3 in coils for front and shocks to accomidate lift, what else do i need? track bar relocator? brake lines? etc?

93 4dr 4.0 AW4 no rear sway bar.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You should try to avoid the Track Bar relocation bracket if possible. They tend to loosen up or break leading to death wobble in the front end. If your budget allows, try an' get an adj. track bar. I got one on egay for $100.00. Well worth the money. As for brake lines you can use them off a TJ. They're longer than the XJ's stock ones. I don't do any wheelin' right now due to the weather and am still on stock lines. Towards summer I'll replace them if needed. I straightened out the front hard lines to gain an extra little bit of length. Look into a transfer case 1" drop kit if you get vibes in the drivetrain. Some guys do, others don't with older XJ's. Good luck.

97 XJ, 4.0L, AW4, NP231, 3" Rusty's lift, Adj. Track Bar,31's on ARE 15X8 Baja's

You may also want to install some .75" coil spring spacers up front to match the 3.5" leafs out back. Install the stuff first, then go from there to get it level.
First ones on top

What brand are you using?

If it is new, in most cases the actual lift is taller than the advertised lift height. If you get too high, an SYE is in your near future.

Back