• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble getting clutch line routed

AvgJoe

NAXJA Forum User
Having decided to R&R the clutch master cylinder, clutch disc, etc. while I had everything apart to replace a failed slave cylinder ('92 XJ 4.0L, so it's inside the bellhousing), I'm struggling with getting the new clutch fluid line routed correctly. Anyone done this and have tips to share? I actually had to cut the old line to remove it, and I don't see any way to route the new one without removing some parts. The clutch fluid line won't fit between the rear of the brake booster and the sheet metal, but it needs to slip through that gap to sit back against the firewall. The line is flexible plastic, but it doesn't appear flexible enough for me to straighten out the factory bend at the MC end and snake it through the passage. Any shortcuts or good ideas would be very much appreciated. Oh, and one more question. Is it reasonable to assume I'd have to re-adjust the transfer case linkage after reassembling everything, or does the fact that I can't move it up into 2WD mean I've managed to hook it up wrong? Thanks so much,
- Joe Richardson

Back