• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

exhaust

mylucky24

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 xj, I would it sound bad if i took off the cadalatic converter? also would that screw up the 02 sensor. Or if i took of my muffle and just ran a straight pipe straight from the cadalatic converter. I am basically wanting it to sound a little louder, but not sound like ass.

thanks
Ross

Yes, it will sound like "ass" if you remove either one. First of all, removing the catalytic converter is not only dumb; it's illegal.

You need two things: A high-flow/performance cat, and a good muffler that's tuned for a deep, loud sound. Time to hit the muffler shop.

When i got my 89 Comanche with the 4.0 it didnt have the cat. and i just recently put on a flowmaster. It sounds really good, at first i was worried about the ricer sound but it sounds like a throaty v8 at idle. I dumped it before the axle. I have a long bed. I am really pleased with how it sounds and everyone always ask me if i have a 360 in it.

Back