• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone get a code 45 from their diagnosic?

8dDUCE

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I've been searching before I ask questions, I can not find the answer to this one. I am posting my first post as a question to a diagnostic code 45. I bought an XJ 1997 4.0 Auto 4wd. It is stock in function / appearance, except for the wheels 235 15 75.
I was washing out the engine compartment after changing fluids, cap, rotor, and belt. I had noticed that the check engine light came on, after starting the jeep up. I checked the codes I do need a TPS.
I read in a search, After I washed the engine, that this is not a good idea. Note made on that... So I am going through the codes, 12 battery, 45?????, 24 TPS, and 55 ending numbers. So.. Has anyone seen or know about this code 45? I have searched, in both the manual, and the website, it lists 44, and 46, but No 45???
I also found a nasty little leak in the passengers floorboard, I found it the leak was from the firewall blower housing seal. RTV and some undercoating sealed it right up. The floors were sanded, prepped, and undercoated as well.
Thanks to you guys, and the search button, I have repaired, everything so far with the sites help. Thank you for your time and patience. Scott Nagy.

I'll bet you got the sensor wet while washing the engine. It's located on the battery tray, underneath the battery.

It's nice to contribute to this site, and help a fellow Cherokee owner. I usually take more than I give. Ain't xj's the best.

Yes, XJ's are great. I just bought mine about two weeks ago. I Have owned 3 vehicles in my life, the XJ, being the third. I still have Both Mustangs, 1966, and 1989, both V-8s. I bought the '66 in 1987, I was 14. The XJ, really has surprised me, in both performance, and popularity. This site is a Great Resource. Looks as if I will be ponying up some funds to become a member, once I get things settled here shortly. Thanks Again. Scott.

Back