• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a mid-90's XJ cheap to fix up

forthehalibut

NAXJA Forum User
The one I was going to get to fix up [wrecked in an accident] might not be mine--the lady's brother might get it first. If not, then I will have the option of buying it. So, where is a good place to look--or does anyone here have one they wanna get rid of? I am looking for a mid-90's XJ--can be wrecked, as long as the unibody doesn't have any major crumpled areas or any cracks. Maybe one with a blown engine or something?

I am in the Denver, Colorado metro area. Would be willing to drive a ways to pick it up if offer is good enough.

I need to clarify a bit. Want an XJ with 4 doors and the straight-6 engine. Prefer a 5-speed, but will consider an auto, too.

Thank you, my fellow American Jeepsters!! :patriot: :wave1:

How much do you want to spend? I have a 96 that I was told, "It goes or you're walking!"

I had the great misfire mystery and it has all new sensors in it. I still have the problem but it'as not a misfire. I am starting to think that it's the solenoid in the tranny. After it heats up, when it tries to downshift, the torque converter stays locked. Leave it sit for half hour or so and it starts and runs great.

4DR-4WD-Body and interior outstanding. Inside still smells almost new--pretty nice. Power everyhting--Sun Roof

Let me know. I'll bookmark this thread.

Where are you?

digitalt said:
How much do you want to spend? I have a 96 that I was told, "It goes or you're walking!"

I had the great misfire mystery and it has all new sensors in it. I still have the problem but it'as not a misfire. I am starting to think that it's the solenoid in the tranny. After it heats up, when it tries to downshift, the torque converter stays locked. Leave it sit for half hour or so and it starts and runs great.

4DR-4WD-Body and interior outstanding. Inside still smells almost new--pretty nice. Power everyhting--Sun Roof

Where are you?
Don't bother with the bookmark because this thread will get moved.

digitalt said:

Where are you?

OK--I live in the Denver, Colorado area. I could travel a bit if need be, and if the price is right. It is an auto or manual? Does it have the tow package? How many miles or on it? Any mods done to it? Go ahead and pm me with the details, if you'd like.

Back