• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Urgent: how to get vasoline off windows.

beckXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well some fricken douche bag decided to put some vaseline all over my windows tonight. And I have not the least bit of an idea as how to get this crap off. Do any of you have any experience with getting this stuff? Any preffered products that would get this stuff off nice and easy? Thanks.

Last edited:
Re: Urgent

Nothing comes to mind off the top of my head, but before the 'edit' window closes, why not change the title of the thread to something more descriptive like "Urgent - how to get Vaseline off windows?" ??

Vaseline is a petroleum grease - not much different from wheel bearing grease.

Use a petroleum solvent. Diesel fuel, kerosene, paint thinner would be good to start with because they're not likely to explode, and they won't hurt the paint and rubber around the glass (though the fine wax job you did last sunday will be toast). Worst case, you can use gasoline, but don't smoke, don't do it over a hot engine, etc.

After the big stuff comes off using the stuff above, you may have to go over it with some rubbing alcohol. it comes in two types, one is about 70%, the other is about 90%. either will do, but the 90% will work faster.

Final wash should be with ammonia and water, or windex, or some other window cleaner.

Aren't you glad someone who owned a window washing company is on the list?

crawldaddy said:
...Aren't you glad someone who owned a window washing company is on the list?

Yeah, thanks bro. Hopefully it works. I still don't know what I'm gonna do to this kid, I physically dominate him, thinking about just scaring the shit out of him.

beckXJ said:
Yeah, thanks bro. Hopefully it works. I still don't know what I'm gonna do to this kid, I physically dominate him, thinking about just scaring the shit out of him.

nah man you gotta place large fresh fish in inconspicous places under his car, ya that will ruin a car, youll never get that smell out ask some of my ex co-workers.

I'm just cranky enough to stuff a couple shotgun shells into his muffler - make sure they make it into the muffler case.

If they don't pop the muffler when they go off (usually, they'll pop the seam of the case,) they'll still make one Hell of a "bang!" and scare the living crap out of the dude. This has worked for me before...

5-90

5-90 said:
I'm just cranky enough to stuff a couple shotgun shells into his muffler - make sure they make it into the muffler case.

If they don't pop the muffler when they go off (usually, they'll pop the seam of the case,) they'll still make one Hell of a "bang!" and scare the living crap out of the dude. This has worked for me before...

5-90

man all these great ideas are giving me all kinds of ammo for when someone pisses me off.

Mothballs (Naptha base) or Zippo fluid (same condition) also causes trouble when put in the fuel tank. I've also done this - it doesn't damage anything, but when it gets hot, it alters the fuel somehow so it won't burn so well. The vehicle will run like crap (if at all,) after 10 minutes or so.

The only way to fix it? Tear down the system, replace EVERY piece of rubber exposed to fuel, and clean the rest out. I've saved this for people who really honk me off - not a lot of mechanics know about this, so they don't know what to look for either.

5-90

5-90 said:
Mothballs (Naptha base) or Zippo fluid (same condition) also causes trouble when put in the fuel tank. I've also done this - it doesn't damage anything, but when it gets hot, it alters the fuel somehow so it won't burn so well. The vehicle will run like crap (if at all,) after 10 minutes or so.

5-90

If it doesnt damage anything then your not using enough mothballs! :angel: Dont put them in the tank directly. Fill a gallon can full and add gas. Let sit and disolve. Then give your buddy an extra gallon of gas! 200 miles=engine seize! :shocked:

Ummmmmmmm......note to self......be EXTRA nice to certain club members at all events.

5-90 and Klonestar plotting

rm10.jpg

Order some gay rights literature in his name c/o his parents address they will think he's bi sexual and trying to keep it from his woman....causes all kinds of family friction......lmfao......

or magazine subscrptions they work very well order like 100 its awesome. Also find a payphone(NOT YOUR PHONE) and order him 5 large supreme pizzas everynight they have to pay for it

Permanent vehicle f*ck up? put sytorfoam coffee cup into his tank! It turns to slush and slowly clogs things up, but in the meantime, it jams piston rings, burns valves, clogs filters and injectors (because it can pass through to a certain extent if you don't put too much in) Also frags fuel pumps, and catalytic converters.

Closer to 2000 in my case - I drive it fairly often, on my way thru.

I'm the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet - just don't honk me off. Then, I get nasty, and you'll generally just wish I'd just kill you and get it over with... Unfortunately, I'm keenly aware of the fact that I can only kill you once - might as well enjoy it...

The advantage to being a practising generalist is that the knowledge base generated gives me plenty of avenues for revenge. The main difference between them is just how much damage I really want to cause...

5-90

But none the less I dont take things out on peoples cars, the car didnt do anything. I prefer psychological warfare......

Back