• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what kind of Breather is this?

LoneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
There is some kind of breather hose in the engine bay back by the transmission bell housing that runs all the way back to the fuel tank (but does not go to the fuel tank) it goes into some kind of metal rectuangular box back there just foreward of the axle. what is it?

the breather kinda fell over onto my exhaust and i kept smelling burning- found out about it the hard way!

L.R.

LoneRanger said:
There is some kind of breather hose in the engine bay back by the transmission bell housing that runs all the way back to the fuel tank (but does not go to the fuel tank) it goes into some kind of metal rectuangular box back there just foreward of the axle. what is it?

the breather kinda fell over onto my exhaust and i kept smelling burning- found out about it the hard way!

L.R.
This would be a 99? If so it's what's left of your gas tank vent system.
Here is a general picture of what should connect where.
Evap.jpg

Last edited:
modifying the emissions system will get you some serious fines if anyone finds out about it. if you live in a state with no inspection and no emissions, you'll probably be fine, but if you live in a state with a vehicle safety inspection and/or tailpipe emissions testing, they'll catch it in a heartbeat.

Back