• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question for Tealcherokee....

speedycat3

NAXJA Member # 1349
12-13-2005
tealcherokee
NAXJA Forum User Join Date: Apr 2005

Re: Not a newbie......Best size rim for 33's?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yup 8" is perfect, for people that say its too narrow, i have 16" wide boggers on 10" rim w/ about 2 psi, that i drive daily

I found this reply of yours on a thread not too long ago..
Do you have pictures of your set up?
Is this with stock axles or FW'S?
What size tires are they. other than the width?

I have a set of brand spanking new 35X16X 15 boggers and I am looking at the possibility of using them on my next build up.
The first XK is going on 5.5 to 6 inches of lift, with 33x12.50x15 on 15x8 with 4bs.

I am planning on building another one now, and debating on either going with full width axles, or maybe using D44's stock width and the Boggers so they do not stick out so much.
Appreciate the help..
Angel

Rufio said:
search button :twak:

the 15x8's with 12.5's have a problem with balooning out the sidewall making them more prone to being punctured

Well...
I did search on the 33x12.50 and came up with what is the most popular rim in here as 15x8 and backspacing around the 4 inch area...
I do not have to worry too much about punctures here in South Fla, as most of the rocks I'll see will be in beach areas not accessible for vehicles.... Mostly mud in the everglades here. The question was mostly geared to the Boggers 16.5X35X15, as it does not seem to be a tire widely used. I did find that post from Tealcherokee by what you mention, searching... which is what I have been doing for a couple of years as a forum user, before turning into a Naxja member. Boggers of that width are not really common in XJ's it seems, and I am weighing the option of either using my brand new set or trying to get as much as I can and get another set in a diferent width.

Rgds
Angel

Back